Recipe by EmJoMay
This is one of my favorites. My aunt served roasted pear and walnut salad at her wedding, and this is my version of it. It looks and sounds fancy, even though it's pretty simple, so I whip it out at parties every once in a while. I also like to sprinkle mozzarella over the top.
- 14 ounces Baby Spinach
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄8 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 ounces olive oil
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast the almonds in a small saucepan and place in a bowl.
- Mix the water and sugar in the same saucepan and bring to a near-boil.
- Adjust water, sugar, and temperature as needed.
- Place the pears in the mixture until cooked thoroughly and place in another bowl.
- Mix the vinegar, salt, Dijon mustard, oil, and pepper in another bowl with a fork or in a blender.
- Wash and spin the baby spinach.
- Toss the pears, dressing, almonds, and spinach and serve.