1/1 Photo of Caramelized Onion Sourdough Biscuits from KAF
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I love the tanginess of sourdough AND the sweeness of caramelized onion just as King Arthur Flour described thes so knew when I saw this recipe I am sure to love it so need to post so I'll have it when I'm ready.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine butter, onion and sugar in pan over medum-low heat.
- 2Cook onion, covered for about 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes; they should be nicely caramelized.
- 3Transfer onions to a bowl to cool to room termperature, then refrigerate until well chilled at least 3 hours.
- 4Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 5Grease or line baking sheet with parchment.
- 6Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- 7Work butter into flour until mixture is unevenly crumbly.
- 8Toss in chives and caramelized onions.
- 9Cut in starter until dough becomes cohesive.
- 10Trun dough out onto a lightly floured surface and use a bench knife or bowl scraper to fold over on itself five or six times, until it comes together.
- 11Pat into a 1" thick disk.
- 12Use a sharp 2 1/2" biscuit cutter to cut rounds.
- 13Pat the scraps together and cut additional biscuits.
- 14Bake biscuits for 15-18 minutes until they're just turning golden.
- 15Remove from oven and serve warm.
- 16TIP: Brush biscuits with butter before baking if desired for extra color and flavor. You can brush them again once they come out of the oven for over the top richness.+.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Onion Sourdough Biscuits from KAF
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.0
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 34.3 mg
- Sodium 311.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 1.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: