Maty Piñero's Note:
In Mexico we call this "cajeta" and it comes in jars in the supermarket, in other Latin American countries it's called "dulce de leche" and it's great on pancakes or toast. Some Mexican dessert recipes call for it, so here is how it's made.
My Private Note
cup (ap ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- pancakes or toast, for serving
- 1Empty the sweetened condensed milk into a large microwave safe bowl.
- 2Microwave on medium power for two minutes and stir with a wire whisk.
- 3Microwave on medium power for another two minutes and stir.
- 4Return to the microwave for 16 to 24 minutes on medium-low power or until milk turns thick and caramel color, stirring every few minutes.
- 5Be careful, this will get very hot.
- 6Let cool and serve over pancakes, toast, etc.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelized Milk (Cajeta or Dulce de Leche)
Serving Size: 1 (535 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1716.7
- Calories from Fat 418
- Total Fat 46.5 g
- Saturated Fat 29.3 g
- Cholesterol 181.8 mg
- Sodium 679.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 290.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 290.9 g
- Protein 42.3 g