Recipe by djmastermum
Delicious! Yummy caramelized legs, kids love these! So quick and easy and no marinating required. Just prepare the sauce, pour over the chicken and pop in the oven! I actually like this with wings better ;-) VERY IMPORTANT TO LEAVE IT IN THE OVEN UNTIL IT HAS CARAMELIZED TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT. Thank you to everyone for their positive reviews! Try adding Sambal Oelek as Chef #27416 has suggested in his review. What a great idea ;-)
Top Review by William (Uncle Bill) Anatooskin
Hello DjMastermum; This recipe is so easy to make and turns out absolutely fantastic. I used chicken legs with back attached and the only addition to your recipe was 1 teaspoon of Sambal Oelek. I baked the legs at 350 F for 52 minutes, then turned the heat up to 375 F for 8 minutes. They caramalized to perfection. We had a visitor just as the chicken was finished and even though he had his dinner, he wanted to try the chicken. Well, talk about devouring the chicken and for a moment I thought he was going to eat the bones. Smackin his lips, and wanted the recipe immediately. Thank you so much for a real yummy, yummy chicken recipe. "Uncle Bill"
- 1133.98 g chicken legs
- 24.69 ml olive oil (to help it stop sticking to the pan)
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 24.69 ml ketchup
- 177.44 ml honey
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit or 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place chicken in a 9x13 inch baking dish. Mix together the oil, soy sauce, ketchup, honey, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Pour over the chicken.
- Bake in preheated oven for one hour, or until sauce is caramelized.
- Could also use wings or pork ribs.