photo by child chef 1
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 10 ounces Catalina dressing
- 6 ounces red hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced dried garlic
- 1 tablespoon stadium mustard
- 1 dash parsley
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced dried onion
- 1⁄2 - 3 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (5 lb) bag chicken wings
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- cayenne pepper
- seasoning salt
- Mix first 8 ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place over medium heat and bring to a small boil.
- Take off heat.
- Place wings in a 9x13 or larger pan.
- Pour a pkg Of Onion Soup mix sprinkle seasoned salt and cayenne pepper over the wings.
- Bake 350 degrees 35-40 minutes.
- Then spoon sauce over wings, make sure all the wings are well coated Bake 15- 20 minutes or until the wings are done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We used to use a version of this recipe when I worked in the deli off a chain super market, but it was a passed down recipe. We would cost them and fry them in chicken fryer first and then toss them in the sauce and they would fly right out the door.the secret is the Catalina, if it's mixed well it adds a sweetness and vinegar bite at the same time, I just wish I could remember that exact recipe lol and the one for there German/sweet and sour slaw lol.
The sauce was really yummy! The only thing I didn't like was the sogginess/greasiness of the wings. I know this wouldn't happen if they were fried instead of baked but I'm wondering if there's a way to get the crispiness of the fried from the oven. I even poured the grease out of the pans after the first baking, but you just don't get the crispy wings. There must be a way to add some crisp?
WOW! these are good. made them tonight and I have to say my lips are still hot. use Ranch to dip them into. I also use chipotle sauce for the hot sauce. I bet this sauce would be wonderful over chicken to spice it up. Also mixed a little of the sauce in to ranch Dressing and dipped frys into it... Oh yes a totaly fat mean tonight but oh so yummy. I know I will make these again.
see 1 more reviews