1/1 Photo of Caramelised Onion Tart
This tart is tasty served hot or cold. I don't add salt to the eggs as I find the feta cheese adds enough saltiness. Once you have line the flan let it rest for 10-15 mins BEFORE you trim the pastry. This should resolve the shrinkage problem once baked
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat ovent to 180°C Line a 22cm loose bottom flan tin with the thawed pastry. Let rest for 10-15 mins before you trim the edges. This should solve the problem of shrinkage.
- 2Blind bake for 15 minutes (line with baking paper and weight down with rice or baking beads) Remove baking paper and rice or baking beads and return to oven for further 10 minutes Set aside.
- 3Heat the oil in a large frying pan, add add the thinly sliced onions. Cook over medim heat for 15 mins stirring occasionally until caramelised.
- 4Peel the sweet potato and cut into 2cm cubes.
- 5Steam or microwave until tender. Do not boil as the potato will take on water.
- 6Fill the tart shell with the onions, sweet potato and crumbled feta.
- 7Add a pinch of pepper to eggs and lightly beat. Pour into tart shell. Sprinkle the thyme over top.
- 8Bake for 40-45 mins, until egg has set.
- 9If serving hot/warm let stand sit for 10 mins to allow to settle.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramelised Onion Tart
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.8
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 116.8 mg
- Sodium 286.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 8.5 g