Recipe by Sharon123
Beaurtiful squares with pretty red berries running throughout. Take these out when the edges get dark. The center will set up as the pan cools off. From Southern Living brownies and squares pamphlet. Enjoy!
- 118.29 ml cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 73.94 ml granulated sugar
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour (may substitute about 1/3 cup whole wheat flour)
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml uncooked regular oats (old fashioned)
- 59.14 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter, melted (or margarine)
- 118.29 ml chopped dates
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- 158.51 ml caramel topping
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together cranberries and 1 tbls. sugar in a small bowl; set aside.
- Combine remaining 4 tbls. suagr, 1 cup flour, baking soda, oats, and brown sugar. Stir in melted butter until crumbly.
- Reserve 1/2 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture into bottom of a lightly greased 8" square pan.
- Bake at 350*F. for 18 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with dates, pecans, and reserved cranberry mixture. Stir together caramel topping and 2 tbls. flour in a small bowl; spoon over top. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture.
- Bake at 350*F. for 26-30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into squares.
- Makes 16 squares. Enjoy!