Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Found this on a recipe card in Wal*mart. Thought it sounded great.
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 (21 g) butterfinger candy bars, Fun Size, crushed and divided
- 1 (12 1/4 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- whipped topping
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Grease 13x9x2-inch baking pan; set aside.
- Stir together flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In large bowl combine eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla; stir in reserved flour mixture.
- Gradually stir in 2 cups water; stir in half of candy.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; place on wire rack.
- Using meat fork, poke holes in warm cake.
- In small saucepan heat caramel topping over low heat until warm; drizzle over warm cake.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into squares.
- Top with whipped topping and remaining candy.
Heaven on Earth, that's what you think of when you think of this cake. Oh, my this is devine. What's not to fall in love with, chocolate, caramel topping, whip cream and my favorite candy, Butterfinger. I bought 4 big bars and used two in cake, 2 on top.