3 hrs 31 mins
3 hrs 30 mins
My very good friend Jana McK. gave me this recipe for the stove top. I have adapted it for the crock pot. It makes for a super easy, no fuss caramel dipping sauce. Great for fruit, nuts and even pretzels. Only 2 ingredients. Remember crock pots vary in their heat intensities. Mine gets very hot on high. Finally, you might want to line the crockpot with those disposable liners to make it easier to clean up the sticky glue from the can and make sure you wait until the can is warm, not hot or the "sauce" will explode.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Take can of sweetened condensed milk and remove label. (Do Not Open).
- 2Place in a 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 quart crock pot.
- 3Pour water in crock pot until the can is completely covered with water. You only need water to be 1/4 in over the top of can.
- 4Put lid on crock pot.
- 5Heat on high for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours (the longer the milk cooks the darker the caramel will be).
- 6At desired time remove can with tongs (Be careful the can will be very hot).
- 7Allow to cool to the point that you can touch the can, but the can will be still warm.
- 8Open can and pour contents into a bowl that has a good sealing lid.
- 9Stir in the vanilla extract.
- 10At this point you are ready for dipping.
- 11Any leftovers can be placed in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Sauce in Crockpot, Super Easy!
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 128.0
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 13.5 mg
- Sodium 50.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 3.1 g