Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This carmel popcorn you make in the oven. You may like to add some nuts before baking.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 quarts popped popcorn
- In a saucepan mix margarine, sugar and syrup.
- Bring to a boil and boil 5 minutes; stirring constantly.
- Add soda and vanilla; mixture will foam up at this point.
- Pour over popped popcorn and mix well.
- Spread out on a cookie sheet and bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour.
- Stir every 15 minutes.
It was very easy to make and I did not have to change anything. I added a handfull of roasted peanuts to the popcorn before baking and it was wonderfully delicious. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
This caramel popcorn is delicious and very buttery. I plan to try this with nuts next. The caramel coats the popcorn well and the recipe is quite easy. I've used it with dark brown or light brown sugar as well as dark and light corn syrup. I prefer the light corn syrup. The dark corn syrup works just as well but will give you a darker end result. This has made a great gift for the holidays and a wonderful treat.
Great treat! Didn't see your recipe and I posted one very similar #62229