Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 20 pieces caramel candies
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- Mix together butter, crumbs and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Pat in bottom of
- springform pan.
- Melt caramels and milk together.
- Stir in pecans and spread over crust. Beat well cream cheese, sugar, vanilla and eggs.
- Pour over caramel.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Cool and refrigerate for 3 hours.
This is so good! It is very easy to make, and gets rave reviews every time I serve it. I make two additional changes, and I highly recommend them. 1.I use caramel cream cheese instead of regular cream cheese. Lactancia makes it, and it's not available in every store, but worth looking for. 2. I use recipe #141392 to top off this cheesecake. It is wonderfully decadent. I let the topping cool down, then either drizzle it on individual pieces, or pour over the cheesecake. It's harder to serve when poured over top, but it has more eye appeal.
I have a similar recipe. It just calls for a premade graham cracker crust and no pecans. I have made it for Thanksgiving and Christmas potlucks many times. It's always yummy and well received.
Was going to post this....but will review instead. This is a decadent, easy to make cheesecake. Would also recommend using graham cracker crust recipe #7537. You can also add melted semi-sweet chocolate into the cheesecake batter for a variation. Try this one, it's delicious!