Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A delicious sauce that is good over ice cream and bread pudding.
Make and share this Caramel Pecan Bourbon Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned. This takes approximately 5-8 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Set aside toasted pecans.
- In a large heavy sauce pan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon, vanilla and pecans. Let cool.
- NOTES: If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. To reheat in microwave use 30% power for a minute or two. For the power notation--adjust to your microwave. The goal is to bring this to a room temperature or slightly warm temperature.
This is a GREAT topping for ice cream, brownies, cheesecake (that's what I used it for) or just eating it off the spoon!!! Very easy to make and it keeps well in the fridge. Be careful, it's addicting!
This is absolutely TDF. I took a little taste while cooking and thought this is the best thing I have ever made AND that was before I added the bourbon:) Excellent recipe, easy to follow with outstanding results! I cannot wait for my family to try with bread pudding.