Donna S.'s Note:
A delicious sauce that is good over ice cream and bread pudding.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat over to 325 degrees.
- 2Spread pecans on a baking sheet and bake until lightly browned. This takes approximately 5-8 minutes. Watch them carefully so they don't burn. Set aside toasted pecans.
- 3In a large heavy sauce pan, combine brown sugar, corn syrup, heavy cream and butter. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking. Stir constantly so it doesn't burn. Cook until mixture is reduced to 3 cups. This takes about 10-15 minutes.
- 4Remove from heat. Stir in bourbon, vanilla and pecans. Let cool.
- 5NOTES: If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 weeks. To reheat in microwave use 30% power for a minute or two. For the power notation--adjust to your microwave. The goal is to bring this to a room temperature or slightly warm temperature.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Pecan Bourbon Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (1306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1733.3
- Calories from Fat 777
- Total Fat 86.4 g
- Saturated Fat 39.9 g
- Cholesterol 190.0 mg
- Sodium 376.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 237.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 173.4 g
- Protein 5.2 g