Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great gift jar recipe. I like to make this for May Day Baskets.
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 4 eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- In large bowl cream sugars and butter with electric mixer.
- Add eggs and mix well.
- Add milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Place dry ingredients and spices in a separate large bowl and blend with a whisk.
- Add creamed ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with whisk and spoon.
- Gently stir in nuts.
- Place 1 cup batter each into 6 well-greased 1-pint wide-mouth canning jars.
- Wipe batter from rim.
- Place jars on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 325 degrees F for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Wipe rims.
- Place hot sterilized seals and rings on hot jars.
- Keep in refrigerator for prolonged storage.