Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Yummy fall recipe! You could use a ginger extract instead of the grated ginger in this recipe, just a few drips. I got this out of a magazine called EAT but modified it. The original called for ice cream instead of icing but it was way too messy for my 2 year old. If you do want to use the ice cream: instead of icing you need a 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened. Combine it with the ginger in a bow. Line a 13x9 baking dish with plastic wrap and spread the ice cream mixture over the plastic wrap, sprinkle with toffee bits pressing lightly into ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla frosting, at room temp
- 2 -3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1⁄2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup English toffee bits
- 1 (14 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1 1⁄4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 6 gingerbread cookies, broken in half
- Preheat oven to 350°F; grease or line 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions, using lukewarm water and egg. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool completely, mix together vanilla frosting and ginger.
- When cupcakes are cool, frost with frosting and sprinkle with toffee baking bits.
- Just before serving heat up caramel sauce in saucepan. Place half of gingerbread cookie on top each cupcake and drizzle with caramel sauce.