Yummy fall recipe! You could use a ginger extract instead of the grated ginger in this recipe, just a few drips. I got this out of a magazine called EAT but modified it. The original called for ice cream instead of icing but it was way too messy for my 2 year old. If you do want to use the ice cream: instead of icing you need a 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened. Combine it with the ginger in a bow. Line a 13x9 baking dish with plastic wrap and spread the ice cream mixture over the plastic wrap, sprinkle with toffee bits pressing lightly into ice cream. Cover and freeze at least 4 hours.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (8 ounce) container vanilla frosting, at room temp
- 2 -3 teaspoons grated fresh ginger or 1/2-1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2-3/4 cup English toffee bits
- 1 (14 ounce) package gingerbread mix
- 1 1/4 cups lukewarm water
- 1 egg
- 1 (12 ounce) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 6 gingerbread cookies, broken in half
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F; grease or line 12 muffin cups and set aside.
- 2Prepare gingerbread mix according to package directions, using lukewarm water and egg. Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- 3Bake for 18-20 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 4Let cool completely, mix together vanilla frosting and ginger.
- 5When cupcakes are cool, frost with frosting and sprinkle with toffee baking bits.
- 6Just before serving heat up caramel sauce in saucepan. Place half of gingerbread cookie on top each cupcake and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Gingerbread Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (111 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 306.4
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 364.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 27.5 g
- Protein 2.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
English toffee bits