Prep 3 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a strange but great sauce I got from a friend of mine, the crunch is rice cereal (not the baby kind). I love it though.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup almonds, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄3 cup crisp rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- ice cream
- In a medium skillet melt the butter. Add the almonds, cook and stir over medium-low hear for 5 minutes or until the almonds brown.
- Add the corn syrup, brown sugar, and water to the skillet.
- Cook and stir until bubbly and the brown sugar is dissolved, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in the rice cereal and serve immediately over ice cream.
I added 1/3 a cup peanut butter and it is delicious! Thanks for sharing this recipe with us:)
Awesome!!! Will make this often! Made for My3Chefs.