Recipe by pies & cakes & cookies ohmy!
I got this recipe from the ever-inspirational Anna at Cookie Madness. I love her blog and she has added lots of wonderful recipes to my collection. This is creamy, caramelly, and easy to make. Chill time is essential. I also drizzled a bit of caramel ice cream topping on this one. Very good.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag caramels (unwrapped)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare your pie crust and let it cool.
- In a small bowl, combine gelatin with warm water. Let soften about 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk. Cook and stir over a medium heat stirring frequently til mixture is smooth.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add gelatin. Mix thoroughly and chill for 30 minutes.
- Don't let it chill longer. The mixture will become too thick to work with, and filling will be lumpy.
- Mix chilled caramel with half of cool whip. Pour into baked pie shell and chill another 3 hours til firm. Before serving top pie with remaining cool whip, or dollop on individual servings.
- This is good with candied nuts on top.