Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
I found this in a cookbook, I think it was one of those Christmas books I had several of :), maybe BH&G or Pillsbury
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 35 caramels, unwrapped
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 (14 ounce) package M&M's, milk chocolate
- Heat oven to 350. Spray a 13x9 pan with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and butter; beat until smooth. Stir in oats and cereal. Add flour, baking soda and salt; mix until well blended. Reserve 3 cups oat mixture for topping. Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan. bake for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine caramels and milk; heat over low heat until caramels are melted and mixture is smooth, stirring constantly.
- Remove partially baked base from oven, sprinkle with 1 cup of M&M's. Drizzle with caramel mixture, being careful not to let caramel touch sides of pan. Drop reserved oat mixture by heaping teaspoons over caramel mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate pieces.
- Return to oven; bake an additional 20-24 minutes or until center is set and top is golden brown. Cool 1 hour or until completely cooled.