Recipe by Vino Girl
From Taste of Home's Quick Cooking.
Top Review by october sky
These brownies were very rich and delicious!!!! I love chocolate and caramel so this was the right combo for me. I made this exactly as posted. I did bake them in a glass pan which I wouldn't recommend unless you watch them closely. After baking about 30 minutes they were just a little overdone, even though I reduced the oven temp to 325. But we still enjoyed them, and I will be definitely making these again. Thanks for sharing a wonderful recipe.
- 2 cups sugar
- 3⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, divided
- 1 (14 ounce) package caramels
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, cocoa, oil, eggs and milk.
- Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to egg mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and 1/2 cup walnuts.
- Spoon two-thirds of the batter into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking pan.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat the caramels and condensed milk over low heat until caramels are melted.
- Pour over baked brownie layer.
- Sprinkle with remaining walnuts.
- Drop remaining batter by teaspoonfuls over caramel layer; carefully swirl brownie batter with a knife.
- Bake 35-40 minutes longer or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool on a wire rack.