Recipe by Oolala
From Culinary Classics, SD Symphony Orchestra League Cookbook. I want to make this one day.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 apples, peeled, halved
- 12 sheets phyllo dough
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet, bring to a boil the first 4 ingredients.
- Add the apples and cook until tender, turning often.
- Take the phyllo sheets and fold each in half and brush with the melted butter.
- Wrap each apple half individually and place seam side down in 9 X 13 inch pan. Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Boil reserved syrup until slightly thickened.
- Serve with the syrup and garnish with whipped cream and/or ice cream.