Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I came up with the recipe after finding other caramel apple salads on here. I loved the idea, but I don't like cool whip or instant pudding so I substituted greek yogurt and dulce de leche, which you can make out of a can of sweetened condensed milk. Both of the stovetop method and the slow cooker method have worked for me. Here is the slow cooker recipe that I used: http://www.food.com/recipe/crock-pot-dulce-de-leche-420669. This recipe does provide a whole serving of yogurt and fruit.
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche
- 1 quart Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chopped apples
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts, shelled (optional)
- Combine the dulce de leche and the greek yogurt until smooth.
- Stir in the chopped apples and peanuts (if using) until well combined.
- Let chill for a couple of hours before serving.