Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
An absolute divine pie!!!
- 2 (9 inch) pie crusts (uncooked)
- 4 tart apples, peeled and cored thinly sliced (such as Granny Smith's)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 lb caramel, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- milk (for sprinkling on top)
- sugar (for sprinkling on top)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Line 9-inch pie plate with 1 pastry crust.
- In a large bowl, toss together apples, pecans, sugar, caramels, flour, and milk; spoon mixture into pie shell.
- Top with remaining pastry; fold the edge of the top pastry under the bottom pastry.
- Pinch together and flute the edge with a fork.
- Cut several slits in top so the steam can escape during baking; brush top with milk and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Pie is best served slightly warm (with ice-cream of course!).
Can you say the yummiest thing ever? And so easy to make. I used the Pillsbury crust you unroll. Comes out very flaky. I also added some cinnamon to kick it up a notch. All it needed was some vanilla icecream and carmel topping!!
Every fall I get a request from my family to make this pie. I usually end up making several of them as they get eaten up too fast! I don't like tart apples so I usually use McIntosh apples