This recipe came from my Aunt who was an avid recipe collector. I don't know where she found it but we all like it very much! It is very flavorful and if you like caramel and apples you will love these.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2In large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt.
- 3Cut in butter until crumbly.
- 4Reserving 1 1/2 c crumb mixture, press remainder on bottom of 9x13 pan.
- 5Bake 15 minutes.
- 6Add nuts to reserved crumb mixture.
- 7In heavy saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with condensed milk stirring until smooth (I use Eagle Brand and I use a double boiler to melt).
- 8Spoon apple filling over prepared crust. Top with melted caramel mixture then reserved crumb mixture.
- 9Bake 20 minutes or until set.
- 10Cool thoroughly.
- 11Serve with French Vanilla Cool Whip or ice cream as you desire.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Oat Squares
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 656.6
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 63.7 mg
- Sodium 441.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 87.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 54.1 g
- Protein 9.6 g