Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Great for all types of fresh apples, and quick to make. Have some of this after you go picking apples at the orchard!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Place butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and condensed milk in a saucepan and heat over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar, about 5 minutes.
- Stir un the vanilla, cinnamon, and salt.
- Pour into a serving bowl.
- Serve with sliced, cored apples (this recipe is enough for about 6 medium).
This was good, but bordering on too sweet
This tasted wonderful. I did have issues with the condensed milk separating - don't know if maybe I didn't cook it long enough? The dip looked very unappealing after the separation, although I was able to (more or less) stir the milk back in. Also, unless you're making enough for 20-30 people, you might want to cut the recipe in half.
Super, the best ever!