Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These chewy cookies taste just like caramel apples.
Make and share this Caramel Apple Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 314.66 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 egg
- 532.32 ml sifted flour
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 118.29 ml apple juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml ground cloves
- 2.46 ml nutmeg
- 236.59 ml grated peeled apple
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 236.59 ml walnuts, chopped
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 354.88 ml confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1.23 ml salt
- 22.18 ml light cream
- Cream shortening, sugar and egg until light and fluffy. Sift together the dry ingredients and add to the creamed.
- mixture. When all is blended stir in the remaining ingredients. Drop by level tablespoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Bake in moderate oven, 350 degrees F., for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove them from the pan and rack-cool.
- Icing: Cook butter and brown sugar until the sugar dissolves (about three minutes). Add the remaining ingredients. Beat welland spread on the cookies. It too thick, thin with more cream.