1/1 Photo of Caramel Almond Bars
These are no-bake bars. Very easy to make. The caramelized almonds on top make nice presentation. Make sure to use condensed milk not evaporated milk which is quiet different.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease 19cm x 29cm rectangular pan.
- 2Line base and two long sides with baking paper extending paper 2cm above edge of pan.
- 3For crust:.
- 4In medium bowl combine biscuit crumbs, grounded almonds and melted butter.
- 5Press over base of prepared pan.
- 6Refrigerate until firm about 30 minute.
- 7For filling:.
- 8In medium saucepan melt 60g of butter and 2 Tablespoon sugar add condensed milk.
- 9Simmer whisking constantly over medium heat until mixture thickens and is golden brown.
- 10It takes about 8 minutes.
- 11Spread hot caramel over crumb layer,refrigerate until firm.
- 12Spread combined chocolate and oil over bars and leave to set.
- 13Caramelized almonds - garnish:.
- 14In small saucepan melt sugar and water bring it to the boil over high heat. Cook until golden brown takes about 5-10 minutes add sliced almonds. Stir well.
- 15Pour over silikon mat (silkpat)or well oiled baking tray.
- 16Quickly spread it out with wooden spoon. Let it cool.
- 17Break into pieces by hand and put on top as a garnish.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Almond Bars
Serving Size: 1 (1305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.5
- Calories from Fat 314
- Total Fat 34.9 g
- Saturated Fat 16.2 g
- Cholesterol 49.0 mg
- Sodium 241.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 9.0 g