- 100 g blanched almonds
- 150 ml white wine vinegar
- cinnamon stick
- 1 kg onion, finely chopped
- 59.16 ml extra-virgin olive oil
- 4.92 ml sugar
- 1000.0 ml stock
- 6 slice bread
- gruyre cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Crush the almonds in a mortar and leave them to soak in the vinegar with the cinnamon stick for about one hour.
- Gently fry the onions in the oil.
- Add the almonds, sugar, salt and stock and cook for half an hour.
- Toast the slices of bread, place a slice in each dish and pour over the onion soup.
- You could garnish the soup by sprinkling grated Gruyère cheese over just before serving, or even return it to the oven for ten minutes, with the cheese on top.