Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple and tasty says it all.
Make and share this Captivating Couscous recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons frozen peas (optional)
- 1 cup couscous
- If using the sun dried tomatoes, cut them up and soak them in some hot water to help soften them and also to remove any excess salt.
- Heat the oil in a large fry pan.
- Add the onion and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and continue cooking until veggies are tender. Place into a large saucepan.
- Put the bouillon cube and the water into the saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Drain and rinse the sun dried tomatoes (if using) and add to the saucepan.
- Pour in the couscous. Stir to mix all the ingredients. Remove from heat, cover and let sit for 10 minutes to allow the liquid to be absorbed.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is great, I substituted chicken broth for buillon and we were very pleased, even my picky daughter!