Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A coworker gave me this recipe from his mom's friend because he missed these from his younger days (he knows I bake for work all the time). Simple to make but rich, similar to a brownie in texture.
- 1⁄2 lb butter or 1⁄2 lb margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can cherry pie filling (or other favorite flavor)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13x9-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one by one, and beat well.
- Beat in extracts.
- Gradually mix in flour and salt.
- Once fully mixed, spread 2/3 of the mixture in prepared pan.
- Spread the pie filling over this, then drop rest of the batter randomly by spoonfuls on the top.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Cool in pan on wire rack before cutting into bars.