Prep 3 mins
Cook 2 mins
Based on the popular salad. Use a dense, chewy bread.
- 4 slices sourdough bread, thick-cut
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 4 slices
- 1 beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 slices
- 1⁄2 cup basil pesto
- extra virgin olive oil
- Spread 2 Tablespoons of basil pesto on each slice of bread.
- Place 2 slices of mozzarella and 2 slices of tomatoes on 2 slices of bread.
- Top with remaining 2 slices of bread.
- Brush with olive oil and place on panini press and press for 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is crispy.
Really easy and delicious, I liked the crunch too, so it helped me not eat chips with it. Thank you KelBel, I used my George Foreman grill.
So good! I also sprinkle a little salt on top the tomatoes. I also add fresh basil, if on hand, for that extra fresh flavor. I also sprinkle a little dried oregano on top of the bread. Smells great and a big hit with my friends.
Planning on making these for a ladies get together tonight. i will serve it with my tuscan white bean soup. thanks for sharing