Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
my SIL(also one of my best friends)and i were looking for something to make for a quick dessert at my MIL's one day and thought we'd give this a try, it was a recipe on the back of a dream whip box. We all were pleasantly surprised by the result.
- 12 chocolate wafers (i think we used graham wafers)
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 (170 g) envelopes Dream Whip
- 150 g semisweet chocolate, melted (or use equivelent amt of choc chips, melted)
- Place 1 wafer in bottome of each paper-lined muffin cup.
- Combine cream, coffee, pudding and cinnamon.
- Beat with whisk a/b 2 minutes Let stand 5 mins or until slightly thickened.
- Fold in 3 1/2c prepared dream whip (according to pkg directions).
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Freeze until firm, a/b 6hrs.
- To serve: remove desserts from paper cups.
- Place on individual dessert plates.
- Drizzle with melted chocolate and top each with remaining dream whip.
- It can be made up to a month ahead and stored in the freezer.
- Cook time is time in the freezer.
This was easy and very good, we all liked it,I added a tiny bit of orange zest ummm good:)
This dessert is the greatest. Everyone in my home loves it as well as my friends. I make it all the time.