Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These yummy cooffee treats come from a German cookbook, called "Baked Goods" and really are something special for your cookie tray. You can choose to make other shapes (I tried crescents), but since the cookies spread a lot, I find the balls work best. Please note: Prep time does not include 1 hour chilling time
- 10 g instant cappuccino mix (or ordinary coffee powder)
- 25 ml hot water
- 150 g flour
- 50 g ground almonds
- 50 g sugar (1/4 cup)
- 100 g butter, in medium pieces
- 25 g chocolate (milk, dark or white)
- Dissolve cappuccino powder in hot water. Let cool slightly.
- In a big bowl mix flour, almonds and sugar. Add butter and cappuccino.
- Knead into a dough (maybe using a kitchen aid as not to warm the dough too much).
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Form dough into small balls (size of a walnut) and place on a paper-lined baking sheet. Do not flatten balls.
- Bake in the preheated oven at 180°C/350°F for 15 minutes or until slightly coloured.
- Melt the chocolate using your favourite method (hot water bath or microwave) and drizzle it over the baked cookie balls using a teaspoon.
- Let dry and enjoy! :).
Another reviewer said it best, adult cookies, and they are adult cookies at their finest. I used ground hazelnuts (I like them better than almonds) and couldn't resist adding some of the nuts into the chocolate as well. I used bittersweet chocolate and thought that a dunking rather than a light drizzle might not look as elegant but is more chocolate ever a bad thing? not in my book, lol. Loula, my PAC baby, your mama is very happy this afternoon.
Very nice adult cookie, not overly sweet and nice coffee taste. I used vanilla flavored instant coffee. I pressed the dough into a heart shaped silicone ice cube tray and popped them onto the cookie sheet. I used 70% dark chocolate to drizzle over the baked cookies. Turned out beautifully. I will definately make these again. Thanks for sharing Loula :)
Make my Recipe Review Tag Game 11: Delicious cookies - I love the flavor the ground almonds add to these cookies - perfect with coffee!