Recipe by Bitsie
An easy to make coffee flavored cheesecake, what's not to like?! This is a recipe from my b-i-l, Chef Norm, or better known in my family as the Cake King.
Top Review by 89240
This was delicious! I didn't have coffee liqueur. Instead of trying to substitute another coffee product, I just used water to make it a plain chocolate cheesecake. It was very creamy and rich. I also left the cinnamon out of the crust. I followed the rest of the recipe exactly and it turned out great. I may try freezing a slice to see if it freezes well. Thanks for the great recipe, Bitsie!
- 1 1⁄4 cups chocolate wafers, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (8 ounce) package light cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (to garnish)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together wafer crumbs and cinnamon.
- Pat into bottom of 9-inch spring form pan.
- Beat cream cheese until light and fluffy.
- Beat in sugar and cocoa powder.
- Beat in egg.
- Stir in 2 cups sour cream, coffee liqueur and vanilla.
- Turn into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
- Spread remaining sour cream evenly over top.
- Return to oven 1 minute to glaze top.
- Cool to room temperature, then chill thoroughly, covered.
- Remove from spring form pan.
- Just before serving, dust top with cocoa powder.