1 hr 7 mins
These brownies are like little truffles! make certain to chill the brownies completely before frosting them with the cream cheese frosting or the frosting will separate and become thin --- cooking time is for brownies only
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped (don't use unsweetened or semisweet)
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder (dissolved in 1/2 tablespoon boiling water)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4-1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2Set oven rack to second-lowest position.
- 3Grease an 8-inch baking pan.
- 4To make brownie: in a heavy saucepan melt chocolate and butter with espresso mixture over low heat, stirring until smooth.
- 5Remove pan from heat and cool the mixture to lukewarm.
- 6When the mixture is lukewarm whisk in sugar and vanilla.
- 7Add in eggs whisking well until mixture is glossy and smaooth.
- 8Stir in flour and salt just until combined.
- 9Stir in walnuts.
- 10Transfer the batter to prepared baking dish.
- 11Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
- 12Cool completely before icing.
- 13To make frosting: in a bowl with an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and butter until light and fluffy.
- 14Add in confectioners sugar, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until well combined.
- 15Spread frosting over cooled brownie layer.
- 16Chill the brownies for about 1 hour or longer until the frosting is firm.
- 17To make glaze: In a double boiler melt the chocolate with butter, add in whipping cream and espresso mixture, whisking until smooth; remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- 18Spread glaze carefully over brownies.
- 19Chill the brownies for at least 3 hours.
- 20Refrigerate any leftover brownies covered in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cappuccino Brownies With Cream Cheese Frosting and Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (54 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 195.2
- Calories from Fat 125
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.3 g
- Cholesterol 50.6 mg
- Sodium 85.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.8 g
- Protein 1.7 g