Recipe by grandma2969
a friend gave me this recipe..it is excellent! do not add salt until the beans are tender..is toughens them up
- 1 lb dried navy beans
- 1 lb ham bones
- 3 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak beans overnight.
- Drain and cover them with water, add soup bone or chopped ham.
- Bring to a boil and let get almost tender.
- Add onion, celery, parsley and garlic, cook till done.
- Add the mashed potatoes and seasonings.
- Cook slowly for a while longer.