1 hr 5 mins
This traditional Lenten dessert is a terrific way to use up stale bread. Bolillos are torpedo-shaped bread rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut bread in slices and let it dry for at least one day before preparing.
- 2Fry the sliced bread, break into 2" pieces.
- 3Make a syrup of water, sugar, spices and salt.
- 4Bring to a boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 5Butter an oblong baking pan.
- 6Layer bread, cheese, raisins and peanuts.
- 7Pour syrup over bread mixture and bake at 350F for 20 minutes or until syrup is absorbed.
- 8May be served warm or cold. If served warm, top with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capirotada -- Mexican Bread Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (205 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 14
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 267.6
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 399.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 8.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: