1/6 Photos of Capetown Lamb (South Africa)
2 hrs 15 mins
Found this at recipe cottage tweeked of course. I always serve lamb with garlic and saw this and thought how yummy does this sound! Sweet and spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (6 -8 lb) bone-in leg of lamb, trimmed of any papery skin
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 6 slices fresh ginger, thin slices, cut Into thin slivers
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, and zest
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 -6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup sliced scallion
- red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed, toasted
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1Using the tip of a sharp paring knife, make slits about an inch deep all over the surface of the lamb, spacing them about an inch apart.
- 2Insert a sliver each of garlic and ginger into each slit.
- 3Place the lamb in a non-reactive roasting pan and set aside while you prepare the Marinade.
- 4Combine the Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, sugar, both the mustards, lemon juice, oil, garlic, ginger, scallions, red pepper flakes,coriander, and cumin seeds in a small, heavy saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring to dissolve.
- 5the sugar. Cook until thick and syrupy, about 3 minutes, stirring.
- 6frequently to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat and taste for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary. Let cool to.
- 7room temperature.
- 8Pour half the cooled marinade over the lamb in the roasting pan, brushing to coat on all sides. Cover and let marinate, in the.
- 9refrigerator, for 3 to 8 hours.
- 10Set up the grill for indirect grilling (check in the grilling forum about inderect heat). placing a large drip pan in the center, and preheat to medium.
- 11When ready to cook, place the lamb on the hot grate over the drip.
- 12pan and brush with more glaze. Cover the grill and cook the lamb.
- 13until done to taste, 2 to 2 1/2 hours; an instant-read meat.
- 14thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the leg (but not.
- 15touching the bone) will register 16Q`F for medium. Brush the leg.
- 16with glaze two or three times during cooking. If using a charcoal.
- 17grill, add 10 to 12 fresh coals per side every hour.
- 18Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and brush one last time with marinade, then let stand far 10 minutes before carving. While the lamb stands, heat any remaining marinade to serve as a sauce with the lamb.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Capetown Lamb (South Africa)
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 534.6
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 13.8 g
- Cholesterol 151.9 mg
- Sodium 582.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 43.4 g