Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an easy to prepare, healthy, low-fat and delicious meal. What can beat that.
- 1⁄2 lb of cubed ham
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb capellini
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed to 1-1/2 " pieces
- 1 cup chicken broth, heated
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- Combine the ham and oil in a large serving bowl.
- Place asparagus pieces in microwave on high for 4 minutes.
- Cook the capellini pasta according to package directions and add the microwaved asparagus.
- Drain capellini and asparagus and toss with ham and oil.
- Pour heated chicken broth over entire mixture and sprinkle with parmesean cheese.
This was quite good! And, very quick & easy to prepare!! I used fat free ham & canned asparagus (fresh wasn't available in my grocery store). I did use a whole pound of capellini & found that it "soaked" up the chicken broth.
This was simple, quick and tasty! Microwaving the asparagus was a big time saver and I liked the crisp texture. I jazzed it up a bit with garlic powder and red pepper flakes. Next time I'll double the olive oil and cut the broth in half, to make it coat better to eliminate the puddle in the bottom of the bowl. I also plan to combine everything in the pot the pasta cooked in, so I'll only have one thing to wash.
A good, healthy, complete meal in about 20 minutes! I just added a little garlic powder, otherwise I made this as written. My entire family was very pleased with this meal. This one's a keeper. Thanx for sharing.