Recipe by Bokenpop aka Madeleine
Although this is originally a breakfast dish, we have it as lunch or dinner. It is delicious served with Mrs. Balls, by choice, but any good fruit chutney will do. This recipe is best prepared slowly for all the flavours to blend.
- 3 onions, sliced
- 30 ml butter
- 45 ml curry powder
- 500 g haddock, poached, skinned and flaked
- 500 ml brown rice, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sultana
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 4 eggs, hardboiled
Directions See How It's Made
- Slowly saute onions in butter til deep golden brown.
- Add curry powder and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Place haddock, rice and sultanas over onion and toss lightly to combine.
- Season to taste.
- Place tomatoes over rice mixture, place lid on skillet, lower heat and let tomatoes sweat til cooked - about 30 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning at this point.
- Chop up two eggs and sprinkle this over the tomatoes.
- Slice the remaining eggs into wedges and use these for garnish.