Recipe by mykidslightmylife
I received this for my recipe bridal shower, and it was lost in my move! Thankfully, recipezaar & Dee514 saved the day! So easy & yummy!
- 1 1⁄2 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg (fresh or powdered)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup applesauce
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- cinnamon sugar (for dusting top)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- Blend all ingredients in large mixer bowl on low speed 1/2 minute, scraping bowl frequently. Beat 4 minutes medium speed.
- Pour batter into greased and floured square pan, 8 x 8 x 2 inches or round layer pan, 9 x 1 1/2 inches.
- Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool. Dust with cinnamon sugar. Refrigerate leftovers.