1/5 Photos of Cape Capensis, Baked With Herbs (Hake)
nice low fat - low cal - a fish from South Africa This was delicious, texture much like Cod and a mild flavour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs hake fillets, rinsed in cold water (capensis fillets)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, cut up or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- 2Dot rinsed fillets with butter, then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- 3Mix herb mix ingredients together and sprinkle generously over fish but not too heavily, too much will make the fish taste dry.
- 4Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or 'til fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- 5Do not overbake!
- 6Serve with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cape Capensis, Baked With Herbs (Hake)
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.4
- Calories from Fat 89
- Total Fat 9.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 120.2 mg
- Sodium 335.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 45.0 g