nice low fat - low cal - a fish from South Africa This was delicious, texture much like Cod and a mild flavour.
- 2 lbs hake fillets, rinsed in cold water (capensis fillets)
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- 2 -3 tablespoons butter, cut up or 2 -3 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Rice Chex, finely crushed (or your choice of cereal)
- 1⁄2 cup instant potato flakes
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon tarragon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Dot rinsed fillets with butter, then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix herb mix ingredients together and sprinkle generously over fish but not too heavily, too much will make the fish taste dry.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or 'til fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Do not overbake!
- Serve with lemon wedges and parsley sprigs.