Prep 35 mins
Cook 35 mins
I copied this from "The Canyon Ranch Cookbook" by Jeanne Jones. I haven't made this but I borrowed the book from a friend and want to give it back. Here for safe keeping. I guessed time.
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans minced clams, undrained
- 1 tablespoon margarine, from corn oil
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 cup bottled clam juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil, crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano, crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed using mortar and pestle
- 1⁄4 cup dried parsley, loosely packed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 1⁄2 lb lasagna noodle, cooked al dente
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- 3 lbs fresh spinach, veins and stems removed, steamed 1 minute
- 1⁄2 lb part-skim mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, imported, freshly grated
- Spray 9" X 13" baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Drain clams and reserve liquid; set aside.
- Melt margarine in a 2-3 quart saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour and cook for 2 minutes, being careful not to brown flour.
- Gradually stir in reserved clam liquid and clam juice; there should be 2 cups total.
- Continue cooking and stirring until the mixture boils and thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in clams, garlic, herbs, parsley, pepper and lemon juice.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Squeeze as much liquid/moisture as possible from the spinach.
- Layer ingredients in prepared pan beginning with 1/3 of the noodles, half the ricotta, half the spinach, half the mozzarella, and 1/3 the clam sauce.
- Repeat layers, then top with remaining noodles, clam sauce and Parmesan.
- Bake uncovered, in preheated oven for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into 8 pieces.