Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is wonderful. Don't run because it sounds different. If you like prosciutto and melon you will probably like this. Comes from The Italian Country Table by Lynne Rossetto Kasper.
- 0.5 (3 lb) cantaloupe, seeds removed
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar (I've used red with good results)
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh chives or 2 teaspoons scallion tops
- 2 slices soppressata, cut into thin strips (or your favorite salami)
- With a melon baller scoop out 1 inch balls from the melon and place into a medium bowl.
- Toss with remaining ingredients and serve.
This is delightful. Love the salty contrast of the soppresata to the sweetness of the melon!