1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I haven't made this yet, but found the recipe on www.justfruitrecipes.com. I'm reposting it here since it seems like every time I'm ready to make it and go back to their site, their server is down.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Remove the seeds of the cantaloupes and scoop out the edible portion of the pulp.
- 2Dice the fruit coarsely and simmer, uncovered, in a preserving kettle until tender; or puree the pulp in a blender.
- 3Measure the pulp; there should be 4 cups.
- 4Return pulp to the preserving kettle and add the sugar, lemon juice, and nutmeg.
- 5Cook the mixture uncovered over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the butter is thick enough to spread, about 1 1/2 hours.
- 6Ladle into hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.
Browse Our Top Jams and Preserves Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cantaloupe Butter
Serving Size: 1 (3073 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1050.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 262.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.3 g
- Sugars 257.4 g
- Protein 11.5 g