Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe in a Texas Highways cookbook. My family has always made agua fresca de melon, but never with limes.
- Peel, seed, and coarsely chop melon.
- Place 2 cups melon in a blender, add enough water to cover melon, and blend well. Strain, reserving liquid.
- Place liquid in a 2-qt pitcher and discard solids.
- Repeat procedure with remaining cantaloupe.
- Add lime juice and sugar to pitcher and stir well. Serve over ice.
Very refreshing in this summer heat. Made as posted but I only used 1 tablespoon sugar and it worked for me. The lime juice was the perfect finishing touch. Thanks for posting bernrome. Mmade for Choose Your Event Party.
Delicious, so delicious bernrome. I loved this quick and easy to make drink. The cantaloupe and lime are wonderful together, they create a very special drink. The flavor and texture are awesome. I think that this is my favorite cantaloupe treat to date. Thanks so much for sharing. Kudos Kato