Prep 12 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a recipe for cannoli muffins that I've engineered over a combination of boredom and hubris with amazing results. NOTE: omit the chocolate chips and add a choco-frosting for an easy cupcake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese, plus
- 2 tablespoons ricotta cheese
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice, plus
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice (fresh is best, but store-bought works too)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4-2⁄3 cup vegetable oil (a tad over 1/4, a tad under 2/3)
- 3 tablespoons orange zest, finely grated
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line the pan with muffin liners.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. In medium-size bowl, whisk eggs, milk, juice, sugar, oil and zest, sour cream, vinegar, and ricotta. Make a well in flour mixture; pour in egg mixture and chocolate chips. Stir until dry ingredients are just moistened (although, be sure to not over-mix for it will result in overly-tough muffins).
- Spoon approximately 1/4 cup batter into each muffin cup. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove pans to wire rack to cool 5 minutes. Serve.