This is an adapted recipe I found online that I used for trying to use up an old bin of ricotta. The cake is delightfully creamy, much like a pudding cake.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs, separated (room temperature)
- 0.25 ml salt
- 78.07 ml sour cream
- 158.51 ml ricotta cheese
- 59.16 ml butter, melted
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml orange juice
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml half-and-half (though milk works too if your out of 1/2 & 1/2)
- 236.59 ml mini chocolate chip (I used a combo of dark and milk)
- zest of one medium-sized orange
- 2.46 ml almond extract and vanilla extract
- 1Preheat oven to 350 and place a rack in the middle of the oven. Generously butter a springform pan, approximately 9 inches or so, and wrap the bottom well with aluminum to prevent any leaking. Fill a shallow pan with hot water for a water bath.
- 2Stir together ricotta cheese, half 'n' half, sour cream and egg yolks until well blended. Fold in flour until incorporated. Pour in the melted butter, sugar, orange zest, juice and extracts and stir till blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
- 3In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff . Gently fold the beaten egg whites into the mixture until well incorporated and there are little or no streaks of egg white visible.
- 4Pour the batter into the prepared pan with the waterbath. Bake for approximately 30 min to an hour or just until the top is brown and the cake begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- 5Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool for about 5 minutes (run a knife around the edge and release the springform) and let chill for around 6-8 hours or overnight and serve with either whipped cream or chocolate shavings (optional).
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli Custard Cake
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 11
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 94.0 mg
- Sodium 101.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 23.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g