Prep 40 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This cheesecake was very easy to make and if your like me, the more cannolis I could eat, the better..so why not try a cheesecake that taste just like a cannoli. This recipe I obtained from the WOMANS WORLD MAGAZINE (April, 2004)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 (15 ounce) containers whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- mini chocolate chip (for decorating top) (optional)
- almonds (for decorating top) (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375* Coat a 9x3'' springform pan with cooking spray.
- Bake almonds on an ungreased baking sheet until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes; remove from pan and cool.
- CRUST: Knead flour into cookie dough until just combined; knead in almonds.
- Using measuring cup press dough onto bottom of the pan.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- Cool on rack and reduce oven temperature.
- to 325* CHEESECAKE: Meanwhile, line colander with paper towels; place on plate.
- Place ricotta cheese in colander on towels and dry slightly for 15 minutes.
- In microwave safe bowl combine raisins and amaretto.
- Microwave on High for 30-45 seconds until hot; let stand to plump.
- At medium high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- Add eggs and ricotta cheese; beat until blended, 2-3 minutes.
- Batter will be thin.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat 1 minute.
- Stir in chips and reserved raisins with amaretto.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until browned around edge and center jiggles slightly when pan is shaken slightly.
- Cool completely on rack.
- Run knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- Cover;refrigerate 8 hours.
- TOPPING: At medium-high speed beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- If desired, transfer 1 cup whipped cream to pasty bag fitted with large rosette tip.
- Spread cake top with remaining whipped cream.
- Pipe cream around top edge of cake or mound with spoon.
- Garnish with chips and almonds if you prefer.
This was delicious! The next time I make it, I will use a 10" pan, as I had too much batter to fit the 9", and it took longer than 15 min. to get the whey out of the ricotta. Other than that, I followed it and it was perfect. It really does taste just like a cannoli. Everyone absolutely loved it.
I love cannolis and I love cheesecake and I love this recipe. It was not hard to make and was spectacular at a dinner party we went to. Everyone was loving it. I did use low fat cream cheese, sour cream and ricotta and no one even suspected the switch.