2 hrs 40 mins
Dee Fischer's Note:
This cheesecake was very easy to make and if your like me, the more cannolis I could eat, the better..so why not try a cheesecake that taste just like a cannoli. This recipe I obtained from the WOMANS WORLD MAGAZINE (April, 2004)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 9 ounces refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2 (15 ounce) containers whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 cup golden raisin
- 1/4 cup amaretto liqueur or 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temp
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1Preheat oven to 375* Coat a 9x3'' springform pan with cooking spray.
- 2Bake almonds on an ungreased baking sheet until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes; remove from pan and cool.
- 3CRUST: Knead flour into cookie dough until just combined; knead in almonds.
- 4Using measuring cup press dough onto bottom of the pan.
- 5Bake 10-12 minutes or until browned.
- 6Cool on rack and reduce oven temperature.
- 7to 325* CHEESECAKE: Meanwhile, line colander with paper towels; place on plate.
- 8Place ricotta cheese in colander on towels and dry slightly for 15 minutes.
- 9In microwave safe bowl combine raisins and amaretto.
- 10Microwave on High for 30-45 seconds until hot; let stand to plump.
- 11At medium high speed, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy, 3-4 minutes.
- 12Add eggs and ricotta cheese; beat until blended, 2-3 minutes.
- 13Batter will be thin.
- 14Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt; beat 1 minute.
- 15Stir in chips and reserved raisins with amaretto.
- 16Pour batter into pan.
- 17Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, or until browned around edge and center jiggles slightly when pan is shaken slightly.
- 18Cool completely on rack.
- 19Run knife around edge of cake to loosen.
- 20Cover;refrigerate 8 hours.
- 21TOPPING: At medium-high speed beat cream and sugar until soft peaks form.
- 22If desired, transfer 1 cup whipped cream to pasty bag fitted with large rosette tip.
- 23Spread cake top with remaining whipped cream.
- 24Pipe cream around top edge of cake or mound with spoon.
- 25Garnish with chips and almonds if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cannoli Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 551.8
- Calories from Fat 317
- Total Fat 35.3 g
- Saturated Fat 19.0 g
- Cholesterol 167.3 mg
- Sodium 272.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 32.5 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: