I have been making different batches of salsa every year to see if any are better then any others - after all the tests this has been a proven winner year after year. I am not totally positive how many jars this makes as my husband always steals some before I can get it canned.
- 8 cups tomatoes (blanched and chopped, You can add more if you like)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salt (I use canning salt)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- Mix all ingredients except tomato sauce and paste - bring to a boil. If you wish to drain off some of the juice now is the time to do it - if not then add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Slowly boil for 10 minute
- Seal into half pints, pints and quarts and process in water bath for 10 minutes.