Recipe by Ceezie
I have been making different batches of salsa every year to see if any are better then any others - after all the tests this has been a proven winner year after year. I am not totally positive how many jars this makes as my husband always steals some before I can get it canned.
Top Review by Bonnie G #2
With an over abundance of summer tomatoes needed to try something with them. I've never canned salsa before but decided to give this a try. The process was simple and all my jars sealed right away. We did save some out to try and the taste was lovely. I'm always a little nervous about canning and this is the first time I've tried anything with tomatoes so will be anxious to see how they do.
- 8 cups tomatoes (blanched and chopped, You can add more if you like)
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 10 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons pepper
- 1⁄4 cup salt (I use canning salt)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 24 ounces tomato sauce
- 6 ounces tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except tomato sauce and paste - bring to a boil. If you wish to drain off some of the juice now is the time to do it - if not then add tomato sauce and tomato paste. Slowly boil for 10 minute
- Seal into half pints, pints and quarts and process in water bath for 10 minutes.