Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is very simple but we cant get enough of this in the middle of winter.We serve it cold along side roast pork etc
- 1 large red cabbage, shredded
- 2 tablespoons pickling salt
- 10 cups white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons pickling spices
- Mix the shredded cabbage with the salt in a large ceramic bowl.Place a weighted plate on the top of the cabbage, pressing it down,and leave for 24 hours.
- Fill canning jars with red cabbage, boil the vinegar and pickling spices and pour over the cabbage.
- Seal jars for 10 mins in hot water bath.
- Ready to eat after 6 days.