Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This recipe originally came from Cooks.com. It tasted very flat, so the next few times I made it I added and subtracted and came up with this. I haven't changed too much the last few times I made it. I can't seem to make anything without adding or subbing something.
- 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can salmon or 1 (14 3/4 ounce) can mackerel, undrained
- 1 cup crushed soda cracker crumbs (about 24)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup onion, chopped or diced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine all ingredients, and mix thoroughly.
- Press mixture into a lightly greased 9x5 loaf pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until done.
- Let stand 10 minutes before attempting to slice.
this recipe was soo easy and simple. my family and i thought it was great, and my daughter, 'the picky eater' of the family even loved it. it didn't even make it as a leftover, because there was nothing left! :) i was actually suprised at how great it tasted for being so simple. it is a lot easier and healthy than the meatloaf(beef) i make. i even thought it was juicier than some salmon fillets i have eaten. i will defenitely be making this again. thank you soo much! ----------------------------------------------- also i am updating my review from my first time making this. i have made it several times now and everytime someone new is amazed and in love with the taste of this. it's great! i think this is one of my favorite things to make. everyone loves it! thanks again!
This was excellent and easy to put together. thanks